Artist Statement
My name is Annie. Nearing the end of my second semester at Hunter, I have only recently decided to declare my major in the media studies path. The majority of the time, I’m still unsure about what my future career holds for me, or if I’m on the right track. I generally worry a lot as a person, and I’m not always able to successfully communicate my thoughts. I’m beginning to learn, however, that my involvement in art has helped me through my difficulties, and that I should embrace what I enjoy as a creator. Growing up, I’ve always loved recreating and personalizing artwork for my friends and family. Jokingly the “artist” of the family, I found it ironic since I hadn’t done much but sketch and doodle, and occasionally designing birthday cards with inside jokes. It wasn’t until high school that I really took advantage of the digital platforms for art and design and began to build my own artistic persona. My interest in digital art fueled my curiosity in other art forms, such as...
Comments
Post a Comment